Join us for the upcoming Scottish VMUG meeting! This is a great opportunity to come together with your fellow VMware users to discuss virtualization trends, best practices, and the latest technology!
Be sure to visit the Scottish VMUG Workspace and subscribe! Connect with your fellow VMUG members in the forum, ask and answer questions about VMware, and get involved in your VMUG community.
Registration is open and included as part of member benefits for all VMUG members. Registration for this event will close on Wednesday, 25th November.
- Alex McMullan, EMEA CTO, Pure Storage – Leveraging VMware VAAI features for efficiency and performance
A look at the enhancements in VMware offloads technology for increasing the effectiveness of migrations, deletions and vMotion. Backed by explanations and real world examples we’ll examine the benefits of high performance storage working in parallel with VMware’s VAAI capability to reach the highest levels of VDI and VSI efficiency.
- Colin Westwater – Waukesha Bearings- ROBO vSphere Design and Implementation
Waukesha Bearings Corporation needed to overhaul server infrastructure at all Remote Office/Branch Office locations. I designed and implemented a standardised two host ESXi 6 solution with NFS shared storage.
- James Kilby – Zen Internet – An Introduction to Herding Cows
Introductory story from zero automation to basic use of config management tools (Puppet) with brief overview of rival services. Everything you need to know to get started.
- Alistair Sutherland – Taupo Consulting – Horizon View Tales from the Field
In this talk we’ll cover some scenarios we have faced during design, implementation and support of VMware Horizon View in customers environments. Customer names will be omitted!
- Duncan Epping – Goodbye SAN Huggers, Hello Virtual SAN! – In this session Duncan will go over where Virtual SAN stands today and where it is moving towards tomorrow, which will include what is new in VSAN 6.1
- Joe Baguley – Containers, Microservices, Turtles, Chickens and Other Animals – Hear the latest from VMware EMEA’s CTO – not to be missed!
- Andy Jenkins and Robbie Jerrom – Photon and vSphere Integrated Containers. Whats in the box? – Overview of Photon Platform & vSphere Integrated containers, what they are and how they differ from each other.
- Pim van de Vis – Why everyone can benefit from VMware User Environment Manager – This session explains what VMware UEM is, and why you want to use it. Packed with a lot of demo’s and practical information, so you can start using it after the session immediately.
- Paul Nothard – vSphere 6 Best Practices – Everything you need to know from one of VMware’s lead specialists in vSphere, Data Centre infrastructure design and architecture, high performance computing and Business Critical Applications
- Kim Ranyard – vRealize Automation v7 – Launched at VMworld in Barcelona, Kim, one of the UK’s top vRA specialists will gie you the low down on everything that is new in vRA 7
- Atid Qadeer – vCenter Appliance/ platform controller/ windows to appliance migration fling tips tricks best practice – everything you need to know!
- Matthew Steiner – VMware Foundation and Prince’s Trust – how VMware is helping our communities in Scotland and how you can get involved.
vBeers (5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.) – a chance to network with other members over a beer after the event!
Date: Thursday, 26th November, 2015
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: Our Dynamic Earth
112-116 Holyrood Gait
Edinburgh, Midlothian EH8 8AS