You can configure external DNS servers to which NSX Edge can relay name resolution requests from clients. NSX Edge will relay client application requests to the DNS servers to fully resolve a network name and cache the response from the servers.
1. Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
2. Click Networking & Security and then click NSX Edges.
3. Double-click a NSX Edge.
4. Click the Manage tab and then click the Settings tab.
5. In the DNS Configuration panel, click Change.
6. Click Enable DNS Service to enable the DNS service.
7. Type IP addresses for both DNS servers.
8. Change the default cache size if required.
9. Click Enable Logging to log DNS traffic and select the log level.
10. Click Ok.